Saturday, June 13, 2015

Wandering with grace...

Started out from Mansilla de las Mulas this morning. It was an 18/19 kilometer walk (somewhere between 12-14 miles) 

(Stork perching on church in Mansilla de las Mulas)


Made it to Leon. And by the time we had found the albergue, done some shopping, dropped that off, walked around the big festival, and then gone to dinner we walked 18 miles today. 

(City wall in Leon)

(Park and statue dedicated to St Francis--by no dogs allowed???)

(Women sitting on a bench)

(Man sitting  on a bench)


Today was filled with joy, conversation, and laughter. I crossed paths with many pilgrims I met before and we shared stories over cups of coffee or a brief walk before moving input own journey. 

That's what the Camino does it brings people into your life...some you see but for a split second...others you share a longer walk with...and still others you see throughout your journey. 

It's a lot like life that way. 



Interestingly enough while wandering around the big city of Leon with lots of extra people in it this weekend because of the festival and add to that the pilgrims--I saw the singing man in the crowd at the festival. He looked at me...I looked at him and said, "hola". He said, "Buen Camino!" Amazing I saw him...just wandering around...wandering around like 
I was. 




No comments:

Post a Comment