Saturday, June 27, 2015

Journey in to Grace

Yesterday and the day before yesterday were marvelous days on the camino. I commented that In that last day from Pedrouzo to Santiago I'm not quite sure how I got to Santiago. It was like I was walking on air and there was a tailwind at my back and I was in this incredible pace line...a trinity of sorts!!!  It was probably a little more dramatic than that for me---

---there were times that I walked the my feet felt on fire but on this day I was floating;

---it really felt as if there was a hand on my back not pushing but just encouraging me along and letting me know I wasn't alone;

---and I felt the beautiful and incredible pace line not only of those who have walked before but those who were behind; and even more than that the pacing of all who were walking with me virtually, in spirit---in a comradeship and community that pulled me through!!!

To go to pilgrim mass and to receive my certificate of Compostella and to be met by other pilgrims was such a joy too. We were all part of something---sharing pain, sharing an experience, sharing the joy of walking and walking and walking and what that means in our individual lives. 

I'm excited about the thought of coming back in a couple of years to walk this with my daughter, Lindsay and share in the wonder of the Camino with her. 

I'm also excited about the possibility of other pilgrimages...of being able to use this to develop a pilgrimage that others can do close to home where we can learn to appreciate the joy each day brings (even with the pain), move and be moved, and learn to take one step at a time always listening...to your body, to nature, to your inner self, to others, and mostly to the divine in all of that!!! In doing these things I think we make a more buen Camino (good journey) not only for oneself but for others also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment