Sunday, June 21, 2015

Seeing grace in a variety of ways--from my perspective


Here are the ways I've seen grace the last few days...

One of the ways is in food...another is in sunrises and sunsets...another is in friendships formed and loved ones who stay in touch...in art and architecture...in creation and finally in simple joys!

I may explain some but some need no explanation. 



Lindsay's these are those pimientos de Padron that we like so much!!!




That's only half!!! It was so good!!!


Then it was out of the city. The water was so still. 

Mural on a church wall


Working on my tan lines...and my third attempt at a walking stick. Glenn if I get this home it's yours. 


Bocadilla. It was half of a loaf of bread, olive oil, tomato, y queso. I could only eat half the bread. Absolutely amazing!!!!




By my bed in Villafranca. 

On the way out of Villafranca

These are all in Ruitelan...
None of us were very good at this but after 3 tries we were laughing so hard we were afraid the phone might end up in the river. 

The following picture was taken on the cab ride from Ruitelan to Sarria. 


If you look carefully there are clouds or a thick mist/fog hanging just below the mountains. 


I spent most of the day with my feet up, resting and relaxing, writing and reflecting, praying and quiet. 

I walked up to the church Santa Marina for noon misa (mass) and pilgrim credencial cello (stamp). At this point on you need two stamps a day for the last 100 kms. It's a little more than that from here 115.1 (71.5 miles). But the stamp from the church filled my original credencial book. Now I start a new one. ;)


It's on two sides in my original book. The last one is the red stamp by the Spirit of the camino

These are on the wall as you walk along the camino to the church. 

And finally the place where Marion and I stayed today...a hostal instead of an albergue---we have our own bathroom, shower, and towels! It's clean. And it was just €35 for both of us ($46). 

I'm HAPPY!!!! ;)


Between the encouraging words from friends, texts, nursing advice, talking to family (especially my daddy on Father's Day) I'm feeling refreshed but still cautious about tomorrow's walk. Probably limit myself to 15kms (9 miles)

Takes me close to the top of the mountain. And if you know me id rather go uphill than downhill. ;)

But one step at a time...


No comments:

Post a Comment