Monday, May 11, 2015

Sense of Adventure (for my Mom)





My mom loves to travel. Several years ago I got to accompany her to New York City. It was her first trip to the city. She was 85 years old. We visited family, saw great sights, rode a double decker bus in the rain, walked and walked, and had a great time. My mom loves to travel. She loves adventure. 


Last week while visiting my parents I showed them my equipment for my trip to Spain. I unpacked my backpack piece by piece. I unrolled my sleeping bag and set out my pillow. I showed them my small clothes bag and how tightly compressed it gets to fit all my clothes in it. I showed them my passport and my Camino passport. I re-packed it all. And put my backpack on my back. I was glad to get the practice and to show them that part of my trip. 
My father took his usual picture of me that he takes every time I go home and my mom took one this time too. The whole time I was packing and re-packing my mom just kept saying "I'm so excited for you. I wish I could go with you." 
As I was walking out of the room I heard my mom say to my daddy , "she gets her sense of adventure from me!" She is right!! ;) and that makes me happy!


I hope as I age I always have her sense of adventure and forever am able to trip into grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment