Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Action is Prayer

At my church every Sunday we ask for any concerns or joys that people want to share.  People are asked to write these on brightly colored index cards and I pick them up during the second song. Prayers for each concern and/or joy are offered during our pastoral prayer. At the end of worship I leave the cards on the communion table for people to take home (though not necessarily the one they wrote) and we can continue to pray for one another as well as others and the world. 




So many of you have already had good thoughts and even said prayers for my journey and the many steps and miles I will be traveling. Thank you. ;)

I covet those prayers for my family, church, feet, heart, knees, back, encounters, trials, friends at home, new friends I will meet, adventures, difficulties, joys, sleep, changes, questions, answers, forgiveness, tears, laughter, courage...
Just pick one of theses things (or several) and put it on a brightly colored card and send good thoughts or  pray whichever is your preference. You can be assured that I am praying with and for you with each step of my journey. 

As you send a good thought or say a prayer for me remember that ACTION is prayer and so many in our community suffer...loneliness, hunger, homelessness...so if you are inclined do something...but at the VERY least be aware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment