Friday, May 29, 2015

Limping into Grace

Today's mantra was Lord, give healing, give hope. 

We started out from Logrono this morning very slowly because I was limping so badly. Between the blisters and the question of whether I injured my toe when I slipped on the path the second day I hobbled out of Logrono. After we got out town our group split up with the understanding that we would try to meet up again later but we had our phones. 

I traveled slowly today. And with each click of my walking sticks on the ground the mantra came 
Left click: "bring healing"
Right click: "bring hope"
Then prayers. I thought of people and places, names and faces came to mind. And as each did I prayed. 
Left click: "bring healing"
Right click: "bring hope"
All day long as I limped along I prayed...
Left click: "bring healing"
Right click: "bring hope"   
Sometimes specifically, sometimes just generally for healing and hope...it seemed to me that I was walking along  all of us need some sort of healing in some part of our life. And I know we are all desperate for hope...
Left click: "bring healing"
Right click: "bring hope"

So for 20 miles between Logrono and Najera I prayed for healing and hope as I limped into grace. 

2 comments:

  1. Take it easy, but keep going even if is slowly. As you know I've been dragging my right leg for several years. Some days it's a trial while others I am close to normal. We had a motto in our Infantry brigade of "Never Give Up." I still live by that creed. It's the same with healing our soul. "Never Give up."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Limp if you must. Cry if helps. Cuss when deserving. Never give up......Merrill Tindall, circa 1991.

    I was 18 he was 48....we're both still going. Limping, crying, cussing, praying.

    Kind of my life.

    We all love and adore you Debbie.


    JT

    ReplyDelete