Friday, May 1, 2015

Crossing the Finish Line

Four years ago Lindsay and I participated in our first MacArthur Park run. We have been running ever since. We have run or walked in 5Ks, 10Ks, half marathons and one marathon. We have met friends along the way. We have been inspired by people's stories of perseverance and determination. We have been told that we have inspired others to run or at least get out and walk. 

Tonight Lindsay and Jim and I will participate again in this run. One of us all out running. One of us walking. And one of us run/walking. 

Several of my friends are participating in the Warrior Dash tomorrow. And some others are participating in the Tour de Toad (5K and/or bike ride). I'm sure there are other rides and races tomorrow that I don't know about. And I'm sure there are all kinds of emotions that people have about their ride or race--joy, fear, anxiety, relief, something else. I wish you the best in whatever upcoming challenge that you have.

I was injured last fall in a run and have missed running. I have continued to cycle and walk. Tonight will be the first time that I have been in an organized race since Soaring Wings and my injury. I'm a bit nervous. But am glad for the challenge and the opportunity to be back in the race whichever way I end up crossing the finish line...walking or running. 

...but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead... (Phil. 3:13)

1 comment:

  1. My dear, dear FRIEND.. I am always amazed by your strength and faith.

    ReplyDelete