Friday, May 8, 2015

a little more work to do



For several months I have been walking...walking miles, walking hills, walking stairs, walking as I prepare to walk across part of Spain. I walk with my pack. I often walk with my pack along the river trail near my home, always with it fully loaded so I know what to expect.  I'm surprised I don't get more questions. I do get lots of interesting stares. 
This week when I came to see my parents I brought only the essentials in my pack much as if I were traveling the Camino. I realized this morning as I was trying to re-pack my gear and be ready to roll that there is more to preparing than just being able to walk 13-20 miles a day i.e.  getting the sleeping bag rolled up in the dark, dressed, and stuff put back just right. I have a little more work to do. ;)
And my moment of tripping into grace is that I have some time to work on those other areas. 

1 comment: