Sunday, July 5, 2015

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

One of the joys of walking the camino is getting up early enough to see the sunrise. 


The colors and the view are breathtaking!

Maxi walked in front of me most of the day. 

I slowed today's walk and spent a lot of today listening...to the sounds around me, to creation, to the divine--quieting the noise of so much that interferes with true listening...



There weren't many pilgrims between Santiago and Finisterra. 

In one little village there was a bit of excitement as the "cow parade" or "running of the cows" stopped us for a few minutes. 


But then it was back on the way...




We walked very close to the large windmills. 


And in the next few days I could use these as a guide as  we continued to walk away from them. 


We didn't walk as far this day as we walked the day before but the places to stop in between were few. 

The scenery, however, beautiful!

This was a view right outside the albergue...they took shelter under this horreo  when it started raining. A horreo is a type of granary found in this part of the world. 


The evening ended with dinner. Two Germans, two Swiss, a Spaniard
 and me. The Swiss couple asked me if I would be willing to write about my feelings of the camino-specifically about sharing in the mass or not sharing as the case may be. I was honored.

Again a day of joy on the camino. 



No comments:

Post a Comment