Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday June 26, 2015 photos

Today I will reach Santiago. 


I will walk many paths. And have already but it has been amazing. 



At a distance I see the site of a monument and statue commemorating Pope John Paul's visit. 


And it seems that in a few short steps I am there! 


Actually it was longer than that. But my friend Mary was waiting for her husband Daryl and it was so exciting to see her there that I actually ran up the hill to look at this quickly. 

And when I started back on the road I saw this sign!! WHAT??? Really? As Lindsay and I often say...I can run that!!!


Then I was there!

And then I just had to keep watching for the signs and I caught my first sight of the cathedral!


After that I really was just floating in....

I don't know who that person is


I went to my albergue. Dropped off my bag and then went to wait in line for my compostella...


Then went to the pilgrim's mass. Was so overwhelmed with emotions that I never took a photo. I was sitting on a stone column. Barely got there in time before they put the "barricades" up. 

Needless to say I was pretty excited!
About the whole day!
Then a shower and relax before heading off to dinner with friends!


Just some final pics from the evening...


Extremely well behaved pups!!!



Another great day on the camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment