Monday, July 13, 2015

Tuesday July 7, 2015--my sister's birthday!

July 4 is my mom's birthday and 3 days later July 7 is my sister's birthday. It was easy as a child to remember. The times I get to spend with her, let alone on her birthday, are not enough. And though I was miles away I celebrated that I have a sister. One who helped raise me and still is there for me. 

So do you Evelyn. On July 7. Here was how I celebrated your birthday!!

Brigitte and I had breakfast before most anyone else in the albergue was awake. Then we headed down to the bus stop to wait for her bus. I got another coffee while we waited. And then the bus arrived and I waved goodbye to Brigitte. She was headed to Santiago and then home to Germany. 


I finished my coffee and waited a few minutes until sunrise. I wanted to be sure and see the signs. 

A look back at Muxia. 

And I walked. Got slightly off the path but knew I was still headed in the right direction. And then it started to rain. 


Yay for rain!! Go ahead name some things that are good about rain!!

I walked through the forest...


I walked through the villages...

I walked through the fields...

I walked and walked...in the rain...


I followed the signs...


And saw other signs of God's wonder. 


I saw the largest horreo (granary) in these parts...

And I kept walking...
Until I finally reached my destination. (This was actually taken the next morning

And that's how I celebrated my sister's birthday. Every once and awhile singing Happy Birthday to her. Even trying it in Spanish!! Love you Evelyn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment