Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Speed Bumps of Grace

I know I'm not alone in this experience of starting off in one direction and find yourself heading in several different directions. It's not unusual especially in our fast-paced world. But I wonder have you ever been stopped short when the following has happened? I was WALKING  today and stumbled on a speed bump. I didn't fall. There was no injury. Just a tripping of sorts. I did the typical looking around to see if anyone saw me (no one did) and then I kept walking. 

But as I walked I got to thinking...that speed bump was a great reminder to slow down, watch where I was going certainty but more than that to look for others who might be harried or hurting...slow down because in my rush I might just miss the  grace that is there for me and the grace that is there for others...the grace that others have to offer me and the grace that I can share...slow down...for you will find grace even tripping over the speed bumps....

1 comment: