Wednesday, June 30, 2010

...into grace

While bumping along the Scottish countryside in a 'wee' bus I decided to attempt to update this blog. I have several others written or sketched out but am having difficulty with Internet connectiions and time.

The Scottish countryside is vibrant and lush and green. The flowers are beautiful. We are headed to St. Andrews and the sea today to learn more and grow more about what it means to receive God's grace and live that out in community.

The bus is making it's way up the twists and turns of hills on narrow Scottis roads and it reminds me that God's call to us is on a journey, but a journey that God has traveled, and travels with us but more than that gives us companions to travel with--those of ancient days who's stories we share, those who we meet along the way and those for whom we have not yet met.

I am immersed in what I am experincing--the wonder of different cultures, the rapid, staccato of people speaking languages I do not understand, the joy of sharing God's word in community, the wonder of communicating across cultural, language, racial, denominational differences and being able to share, being able to have faithful conversations.

But I am also missing my family and friends back home. When I was a baby my father was gone a month for a trip around the world. This was at a time when instant communication was not possible. While I get frustrated that I cannot communicate as often and as quickly to everyone...this time away is helping me to think about how we can communicate better with one another.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment