Friday, June 25, 2010

stumbling into grace

Sometimes we don't walk into walk or even trip into grace but rather we stumble into grace...that was me these past couple of days. As I prepared to depart Little Rock for my adventures abroad I heard from many wishing me well. I got to celebrate my daughter Lindsay's 20th birthday. I got to drive out to ferncliff camp and say goodbye to my son William. All of these are moments of grace. My flight out of Little Rock was delayed. It was apparent to many of us that all those connecting flights were going to be null and void. I couldnt get my carry on anywhere in the overhead and since I was in the front seat there was nowhere to put it underneath; a military officer saw my situation and offered to put my bag at his feet and his bag overhead. I stumbled into grace. I got to meet lots of people yesterday some were nice some were a little grouchy but they were trying to do their job which isn't always easy when people are yelling at you and the expectations are high. I stumbled into grace from the moment I awoke realizing that my daughter was now 20 years old, I have a wide variety of friends who care deeply for me, and I met someone who reminded me that there is still kindness and generosity to strangers out in this world. So here's to all of you that I had contact with yesterday whether family, friend, or stranger-- thank you for helping me stumble into grace!

boityjrvseatp class='blogium-promo'>Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment