Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sabbath on the Camino

I have a good friend who told me years ago that most humans are human DOINGS rather than human BEINGS. 

I think one of the reasons this is true is that we are always rushing to our next project, next thing instead of enjoying the journey. Many end up tired and frazzled rather than restored. 

When I walked to Camino stopping to take pictures of flowers, vistas, friends was a time to slow down and appreciate the journey. When I sat down in cafes or just on a rock along the Way gave me a time to enjoy and but even more to simply take a rest--a mini Sabbath--if you will





Taking off your shoes and wiggling your toes along the Camino was a common sight--it was so refreshing. 



As I reflect back on my Camino journey I am reminded of the need for Sabbath--a need to stop and look around, slow down, even take a load off--but mostly I am reminded to always enjoy the journey not as a destination in itself but rather as a gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment