Sunday, May 29, 2016

Reflections of Camino-Bring healing, bring peace---


This was written about day 8 of my Camino 2015

Today's mantra was Lord, give healing, give hope. 

We started out from Logrono this morning very slowly because I was limping so badly. Between the blisters and the question of whether I injured my toe when I slipped on the path the second day I hobbled out of Logrono. After we got out town our group split up with the understanding that we would try to meet up again later but we had our phones. 

I traveled slowly today. And with each click of my walking sticks on the ground the mantra came 
Left click: "bring healing"
Right click: "bring hope"
Then prayers. I thought of people and places, names and faces came to mind. And as each did I prayed. 
Left click: "bring healing"
Right click: "bring hope"
All day long as I limped along I prayed...
Left click: "bring healing"
Right click: "bring hope"   
Sometimes specifically, sometimes just generally for healing and hope...it seemed to me that I was walking along  all of us need some sort of healing in some part of our life. And I know we are all desperate for hope...
Left click: "bring healing"
Right click: "bring hope"

So for 20 miles between Logrono and Najera I prayed for healing and hope as I limped into grace. 



Walking sticks as a prayer mantra---"bring healing, bring peace

No comments:

Post a Comment