Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Traveling Again

Traveling Again


It's been awhile since I posted, but I I feel the urge to write again...to be truthful I feel the urge to travel again. Maybe it's because my daughter Lindsay is getting ready to do a study abroad program in Spain and I miss traveling. I want to travel too. And truth be told I want to write about traveling. As we sit in the airport in Las Vegas on our way to San Diego to see our son William and his girlfriend Lauren I find myself itching to travel...travel anywhere and everywhere...well almost anywhere. And I find myself noticing the most mundane but beautiful things. The scenery flying into Las Vegas is spectacular. 



The mountains are beautiful but I must admit the airport at first, not so much. It's full of slot machines, weary travelers. And then I took a longer look... at first I heard and saw a mother yelling at her children but then finally sitting down on the floor playing games with them. There were lots of neon lights on the slot machines but some of them were on some tennis shoes that were just fun. The airport food  was expectedly overpriced but our server brought us joy as she told a customer how she reminded her son that Christmas was more than just one day. And then we heard "All I Want for Christmas is You" and "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" over the sound system and it made me smile this 3rd day of Christmas in the Las Vegas airport amidst slot machines, weary travelers, and overpriced food. And now we are on our way to San Diego and I will be able to be able to be with Jim and Lindsay on their first visit to California...wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment