Friday, July 29, 2016

Remembering To always be grateful

It is with gratitude and love that I write this. I have been home just two weeks but it doesn’t seem possible. I am still on a journey of grace and certainly still learning. ;) And in some ways it all seems surreal. And yet it was all so beautiful and real and yes, difficult also. And my feelings today are of gratitude for so many so I want to simply say thank you!

         Well, maybe not simply…you know me…

Thank you. I felt your prayers and support and presence every day and in every step of my journey, even since I have been home. While I was gone I felt you peering over my shoulders as I saw beautiful vistas. I felt you humming and singing along as I sang songs to get up high mountains or through the heat of the day. I felt you with me during times of loneliness giving me comfort and aid. I even felt you with me as I sat gathering my strength after I had fallen for the first, second, third and fourth times. I felt you with me when I walked into Santiago the first time but even more so the second time. I felt you with me as I sat on the rocks in Muxia watching the sun sink into the ocean. For this I am grateful to you and to God.

Thank you. While I was gone I never worried about things at home. Oh certainly I was concerned about loved ones, family and friends and prayed daily for each of you. But the day-to-day workings of the church I serve and the house I was not worried I knew they were in good care—and I trusted the people left to deal with matters at home and I trusted God. You have no idea how comforting that is. And for this I am grateful to those who helped and to God.

Thank you. I am so grateful for the love and support from all of you for those who helped me to get ready, for the opportunity to get to take this journey, for the reflections that I have shared and the times that I have said I can’t talk about it yet. I look forward to sharing with you my experience. I will continue to post more pictures as well as more thoughts from the way because there is more to share I just haven’t put it all into words yet nor gone through all of my pictures. But I will. But for today I just wanted to say…

I am grateful to be back among you and with you. For this I am grateful to you and to God. 

         Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment