Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Listening for Grace--"...in a relaxed manner"


Joyce Rupp in her  book Walk in a Relaxed Manner talks of how the pilgrimage of Santiago pulls you to it and energizes you as you walk it and walk beyond. At the beginning of chapter one of her book she quotes Linda Hogan:

Walking, I am listening to a deeper way.
Suddenly all my ancestors are behind me.
Be still, they say. Watch and listen.

Yesterday while visiting with my medical doctor we agreed that there is so much noise, so many opinions, --people talking and shouting; so many people telling you what "they know" but so few people asking questions, spending time in dialogue, listening--or listening well.

As I sit here at my desk working, busy-ing myself, meeting deadlines I am reminded of the path of a pilgrim--listening to nature, listening to one's body, listening for the voices of those from the past who echo God's word...be still and know...

For a moment I got quiet and remembered the path to Santiago---and then with gratitude I realized I'm still on that journey--be still and know...listen...watch...get quiet and still so that you can
listen and watch with your heart.

Buen Camino today as you move through this day. May you and I journey with joy and wonder as we listen and watch...this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment