Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thankful


Dear Friends,

I want to write a note of thanks. My two weeks in Scotland was amazing. I know that I need to write and share information with you about what I have learned and I will do that. I was so busy during that two weeks learning and sharing with others that I didn't get posted what I wanted to get posted. And the internet was not as reliable as what I am used to. (I think God may have been teaching me a little bit of patience, perhaps God will keep working on that one).

I want to thank my family. They were very generous in allowing me the time away. The Sunday before I left I taught a Sunday school class on a character in the Bible and I chose Barnabas. He is called the Son of encouragement. I believe that my husband has encouraged me as have my children, my parents, and my in-laws to go after my dreams, to seek God's call in my life, to push the boundaries. Thank you all for encouraging me always and for the generosity in letting me go.

I want to thank Westover Hills Presbyterian Church. You too were very generous and gracious in allowing me my study leave. Presbyterians have always claimed to value an educated clergy. You walked with me the journey of my doctoral studies. My education allowance has always been a generous gift. I am grateful for this time of renewal and growth.

There were others without who's help I would not have been able to make this trip. Thank you. And I want to thank the Rubios, our friends Lello and Marilia and Alex and his family for hosting us.

I met 25 new friends from 14 different countries, a myriad of different denominations, a wide range of ages. We came together for two weeks, we worshiped, ate, played, worked, and talked together about visions for the future. And we decided that there is hope and with God all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment